Monday, July 11, 2011

Some thrifty finds and Shop updates

Well it's been a non stop whirlwind here lately! The boys and I have been working on getting the shop and some vintage furniture (they will be fixtures) painted. I'm both nervous and excited about opening up, and really expect to awaken any moment to find it's all been a dream.



There is still a lot of work to be done, but we are making progress :)

This is what the dresser looked like before, bronze nail polish and all..

And here it is with a coat of a beautiful soft french blue...It's actually a color place color called Cloud formation.


I also managed to fit a bit of thrifting and a yardsale in whilst on my weekly grocery trip, I know, BIG shock right?



My favorites from this week are the pink footed bowl for 75 cents and this hand embroidered Ballerina Runner for $1.  At some point someone spilled what looks like it might be red pop or koolaid on it, but when asked, the owner told me she had never laundered the (2)pieces because her MIL had starched them so well and she hadn't wanted to have to restarch them, so I am hopeful that I can get the stains out. If not I will repurpose both ends as the stain is in the center that is not embroidered.


Here's a bit of sewing for the week!
 I am working on this cradle set for a new Mom to be and it's going so well! I just love her color choices!
I hope to finish it in a day or 2 :)


well, that's all from me for now, I'm off to get some more painting done down at the shop!

Later,
Michelle


Linking up with:

2 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

do i spy a little cat something or other? what great finds, and love the color you used on the dresser, too.

❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀ said...

Hi Michelle!

I have wonderful news! You won the French Coffee ♔ Burlap Sack Giveaway.

Send me an email with your info so I can mail it out to you.

Hugs,
Dee
DeeLapin@gmail.com