Monday, May 27, 2013

Barkcloth, Oh how I love you..

Many times while thrifting or shopping online I will come across some vintage bark-cloth curtains that speak to me. Unfortunately, they are ofttimes too spendy for my purposes, but every once in  awhile, I find a good deal.

This was one of those times. I really wish I hadn't been so rash and cut before I got a picture..


I was excited.


I know, it's a failing,


 I'm working on it.



Anyhow, I did cut into it, and project #1 is done and ready for our show June 22nd.


Very simple hipster bag, a more detailed version is in the offing, maybe tonight, maybe later in the week. Housework and health permitting.

I just had to add an adjustable strap!



And the vintage lace flower pin is removable.


So what did you do over the Holiday weekend?

2 comments:

Laura Turner said...

I LOVE barkcloth and your bag! I chuckled, because cutting the fabric in excitement before photographing it is so me! Thanks for linking up with Vintage View Sunday. I've been cleaning and making little tiny envelopes with notes before diving into my design team projects--yes, procrastinating! All will be on my blog this week.
Hope you're having a good day.
Laura

Tea in the Library said...

great bag!