Friday, October 16, 2009

Sew & Tell Fridays

Today I find myself in a bit of a quandry..I have a finish, kind of.
That is to say, I have finished sewing my newest design, but I still have to finish the pattern.

This has developed into the hardest part of pattern making. Right now I've got 5 patterns written up with pictures of the finished product. But so far only 1 pattern has the how to photos to go with the instructions, and while minion 1 didn't mind taking those while I worked (ok, ok, so I bribed him..I would have had to pay a pro 10x what I paid him hehe)Now that he has a steady, I'm not sure it will be so easy to get him off his cell long enough to repeat the process once, let alone another 5 times.

So with the hopes that this will count as a finish, here's my newest bag design, Joy:



I just love the quilt-y goodness..I still can't believe the difference having the correct foot makes when it comes to doing free motion! I just always thought I couldn't do it ;)



She can have her sides tied tightly together for 1 look, or loosely for another..Don't worry, the gathered sides keep her from seeming too boxy either way!



Oh..and did I mention the pockets inside?!?! She has 12 (!) counting a credit card pocket stashed behind a side pocket, and 3 pen pockets.

The only bad thing about Joy is that since I made her in the scrumptious Be Merry fabrics (Riley Blake Designs)that inspired her design, I can't carry her yet! Well, I probably could, but I think that would be rushing winter a bit ;)


Oh!! Don't forget to check out what everyone else has been finishing up..and join us for sew & tell Fridays..Click the button to head over to Amylouwho's blog to see the list of participants!

8 comments:

Dee said...

This is one of the first online bag pattersn I have really, really liked. Do you sell the pattern? The fabrics you picked are really fun too! Thanks for sharing!

Lesly said...

A beautiful bag! I love all the inside pockets. Hurry up and finish that pattern!!!

Rene' said...

This is such a cute bag. I love the pattern you designed and the fabric you chose. Happy Friday!!

Leslie said...

this is a really great bag!!! i love all the pockets

Laura said...

Great bag! I love the pockets and the clasp at the top. I need to figure out how to add that into the pattern I have.

sherri from Lavender Fields said...

What a cute bag. You must be excited about the holiday season approaching, to be able to use her! Have a happy weekend: )

Day before Michelle said...

Thank you for the great feedback!

Dee, yes this pattern will eventually be for sale. I've just got to get pictures taken and my written instructions typed out.

Laura,
The magnetic snaps are actually quite easy..I'll work on a tutorial over the weekend!

Heather said...

Beautiful!! Love that fabric, and especially all those pockets. Great job!

Thanks so much for stopping by. :o)