Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Getting the house dressed for spring!

So last night was one of my insomnia nights..I couldn't even get sleepy, let alone actually fall asleep. So I did a a couple of quiet chores and then got some more work done on some projects, and started and finished a couple of others.

One of the started and finished projects was this Rabbit. I knew I wanted a Rabbit to center my easter/spring display on my kitchen buffet around and I had an picture in my mind of what I wanted. I didn't have a lot of luck until I walked into Walmart last week to grab some masking tape.

There he was, the bunny I had been looking for! The only drawback was that he was grey, and I wanted white. I bought him anyway and with a little help from my Favorite shade of Americana paint (bleached sand) I have a white rabbit for my kitchen!

Now, my kitchen buffet has been taking a beating here lately, Have you ever noticed how whenever you are working on a major project or if you are feeling down that the hot spots in your home go completely crazy and out of control?
Exhibit A.
Really?
I wish I could blame it all on the guys..but I'm just as bad about it, especially when I am in one of those funks. This is just an example of pure laziness on all of our parts, it took me all of 10 minutes to gather everything up and..GASP...Put it away!!!

Ahh..Now isn't that better? Clean and tidy with a new White Rabbit center stage!
All that is missing are my stuffed eggs that I haven't made yet...and I think the rabbit needs some glaze.. I will have to think on that one!

hehe the little chick was a dollar store buy for the fun of it, Nefferkitty isn't real sure of it when it is hopping around, but CleoKatra doesn't even spare it a glance. She's such a Diva.
The little blue birds are actually salt and pepper shakers that I scored at Loot last week, and the plate they are sitting on was the goodwill buy I posted about last post.
And don't the vintage Milk bottles look great with the fresh daisy stems?!
Once I am able to uncover more flat surfaces in the house (it's been a several week funk..At least I was awake and fairly even tempered!), I'll probably do some shifting around, try to get away from the symetrical feel it's got going on, but this works for now ;)

What about you? Are you ready for spring yet?

No comments: