Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hutch and chair before and after

There's still a lot happening around here, projects in the works, lined up and even some that are still only floating around in my mind as yet. I wish I could say I was getting them done as fast as they are piling up, but You can only do so much before waiting for paint to dry, and I still haven't figured out a way to blog, build, paint, sew, cook and read all at the same time.

I am getting things done though, Remember this Hutch I posted about on sunday?


Or this chair from ealier in the month?

Well I am happy to say that they are finished and I LOVE how they turned out!

First the chair, I'm thinking not too shabby for my first curvy upholstery job eh?

The pillow was just a little something I whipped up the weekend before and was actually the inspiration for the striped fabric.

The hutch though, it's by far one of my favorite furniture projects! I LOVE the color, the lines, everything!

I replaced the knobs and drawer pulls with some vintage lace. And I used my Silhouette to cut out some stencils, as well as a few faux embossed embellishments.


Also on the finished list, a tote, another pillow, and several beaded scissor fobs (not pictured)


The tote is listed in my etsy shop, the pillow is a sample (inspired by this pinwheel wall art) and isn't for sale. I'll be releasing the pattern after I adjust a few things though, so be on the look out!

Well, that's it from me for now,
Later!
Michelle

I am Linking up to:

5 comments:

Dandelion Quilts said...

All your finishes turned out great, but the pillow has to be my favorite today! CUTE

Carla said...

Great upcycle with the furniture! They look brand new now. Very cute tote. The frogs doing yoga poses cracks me up!

trish said...

Great furniture makeover and adorable sewing projects!!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

You have had a highly successful week! Awesome! I agree that the hutch turned out so well. The chair is, too, of course, and your sewing projects are wonderful. Congratulations on all the finishes!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Great transformations! Love that turquoise:)