Monday, June 4, 2012

yumm...




Doesn't this just look soooo yummy? It's very simple, I just sliced up some granny smiths, strawberries, bananas. then tossed in some Blackberries and green grapes.


After I put them into the fridge to keep them chilled, I mixed up an angel food cake mix (from a box- Gasp! lol) and baked it up..


Slice, top with the fruit salad and a dollop of sugar free whipped topping. SO refreshing and light for a hot summery day!


Today I started on my plan to exercise everyday, and it's going to be hard. but I am tired of being overweight and I need to strengthen those muscles, or my back and neck is only going to get worse.

Also today I started a couple of projects that have been building up in the garage, Up first is this old solid wood panel door I picked up off the curb. Look at this hardware: The knob plate on this side of the door is pretty rusty, but I love the details. The hinges were just as nice, I've saved them for another project sometime down the road. The door is part of a larger project coming up.
Also up is this rocking chair. This was a Craigslist find last summer, I bought it just as you see (minus the aqua paint) and it will be getting a total overhaul as well.






I almost forgot to get a before picture of it! Fortunately I didn't get too far before I remembered.

Tomorrow is another day and I hope to get these projects closer to completed.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

1. Door - Side of the road!!?? fabulous!! Knob - fab fab.
2. Paint - I'm lovin' the aqua.

You bring the shortcake, we'll sit on my porch and talk aqua paint and free stuff.

xo jeanne
bees knees bungalow.